DRUIDS

Witchcraft, Wiccan, Native American,.....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
revpo
Forum Addict
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DRUIDS

Postby revpo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:36 pm

It seems as another poster has put it, Christian save your soul characters are on every street corner, avenue and bush.
To attract one the word Christian is in front of many things.
Christian homes
Christian real estate sales
Christian restaurant
and hundreds of other sayings...
What does one say about the DRUIDS, they don't seem to advertise heavy, certainly are not on every corner.
They revere Mother Earth, nature, and the god/goddesses of the ancient times. I am or have not seen anything on a messenger bounding down the hills with a message.
They seem peaceful, celebrate many holidays and in some instances ordained into the groups.

I have read some say they are a philosophy, a few say they are a religion.

Any thoughts on this?????

revpo :shock:

Creed
VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Postby Creed » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:39 pm

I have always thought of the Druids as a religion within a people. Their belief system goes back centuries and impacted the whole of Europe long before there was a Christian religion. I have yet to see them on the street corner yelling repent! the end is near or is Goddess your personal savior. Just my observation, revpo.
Compassion and Reason

Creed

hope
Forum Addict
Ordination Date: 16 May 2000

Postby hope » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:02 pm

laughs well you will find that is true of MOST pagan faiths, as we do not see the need to go and save or convert, instead we see the weave of day to day life and people, the energy of the trees and water, to that of the animals and sun etc.

love
t

Creed
VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Postby Creed » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Very true. You come to a belief system cause it appeals to you and you aren't scared into it. It would certainly shake things up :)
Compassion and Reason

Creed

revpo
Forum Addict

Re: DRUIDS

Postby revpo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:56 pm

I believe the Christian religions are starting to have a rude awakening, reduction in attendance, tithing, and people are now searching for a system of newness among the population of if any at all.

I ran across a DRUID web page back a few months or longer called Reformed Druids of North America, which go back to the basic philosophy of belief in nature, and never thirst for water. They have various steps for one to go through, writings of festivals, ceremonies etc and publish an interesting on line paper called Mithril STar...of course one can be appointed as a priest of the ancient order also, when you reach a certain degree, after a phone interview....Nature surrounds us.

REVPO :smile:

Return to “Nature Based”