Churchless Christian Thread

Christian discussion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anthony
User
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Churchless Christian Thread

Postby Anthony » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:23 pm

I was looking for others like myself and found this site - I don't know if Churchless means like I am or unbeliever.

I am a Churchless Christian, and if you are as well we can squat here unless the honchos decide to toss us. If an InYourFace Christian or mocker posts at you, just quietly bless and ignore them.

I was a soldier, and all I believed in was a clean rifle and the guy next to me in Line.
I had problems with killing, but you render unto Caesar or take the chop. I knew some guys just wouldn't do it; they'd empty their weapon like Rambo but never hit anything if they could avoid it.
But they were there, hauling their share of the weight for their Line buddies. Sharing the risk.
Every now and then one of them would give an example of themselves you couldn't forget, throwing away their lives to save a Line buddy.
So when I heard the words
"A man hath no greater love-"
I knew Sarge Jesus was the man. I've followed where he led and shared his rations ever since.

That's my testimony.

I just can't handle churches - something about them slowly kills my faith, and I have to go walkabout until I recover it - so I pass on the church bit altogether.
I pray, study, and dwell in the Peace by myself at home, and my faith grows, becomes more beautiful, more powerful. When I encounter my fellow hums I treat them the way Sarge Jesus treats me, and things go just fine. Now and then someone who likes the way I walk asks me about Sarge Jesus; I don't go around offering him to those who don't ask first.
He's too good for that.
And when Sarge says saddle up, move out - I have no fear.

It's a great life.

Yet we aren't meant to be totally solitary, and need to see each other's faces, hear each other's voices now and then. The moment it becomes anything remotely resembling organized religion though I move on.

So if you're a Solitary Christian come join the Line; we take care of our own - in Jesus' name.

God bless you. Brother Anthony
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony
User

Re: Churchless Christian Thread

Postby Anthony » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Orders of the Guard
#1 Fire and forget.

Unless you want to find yourself all alone out there on Point obey the Orders of the Guard.

Order #1 means bless and ignore - if someone wants to rattle your cage that's what you do. We aren't here to fight with others or argue.
Defaulters go to the Oubliette - that's where folks go to be forgotten.

Last edited by Anthony on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Orders of the Guard
#2 Sanitation is mandatory.

We all know what No.2 is, but this doesn't mean no caca in your own back yard.
It means no caca in the neighbor's yard either.
Don't get in fights in other threads and come here for cover.

Defaulters go to the Oubliette.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Orders of the Guard
#3 Noise discipline.

To be observed at all times - no loose, rattling gear. This is a courtmartial offense, no Company punishment.
Idle talk is the enemy of faith and fellowship, so make it real or take it to the Chaplain (PM).

Defaulters subject to Bad Conduct Discharge.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am

Orders of the Guard
#4 Fire discipline.

One of the ways I knew I'd changed was that I stopped getting angry at people.
Churches are chock full of people who use varying ranges of anger, and that is one of the tipoffs that many of them are Christian in name only (CINO).
Nothing to be angry about; it's just a flesh wound - anger never healed anything and causes infection.

Defaulters may get gangrene.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Orders of the Guard
#5 No insubordination.

Barracks lawyering, Sea lawyering, Jailhouse lawyering are prohibited and a courtmartial offense. Don't question other people like they owe you the time of day or something.
No People's Court; do not judge or condemn anyone else.

Defaulters go to the Oubliette.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Orders of the Guard
#6 Uniform discipline

Proper uniform will be worn at all times.
If you wear a football helmet with a large cross superglued to the top don't recruit for Sarge.
The Top KIck knows about idolatry, and why it turns decent folks off.

Defaulters subject to major embarrassment.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Orders of the Guard
#7 Conduct unbecoming.

It is better to keep silent than to lie.
Your conduct reflects on the honor of the service so if you can't tell the truth, say nothing at all. Sarge knows if you lie or dishonor a promise.

Defaulters subject to Dishonorable Discharge.

Anthony
User

Postby Anthony » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:10 pm

It may take a while but for any of you who find this just be chilly.

I call it the Good Walk.
My prayers are pretty simple. I give thanks for every day of life for me and those with me, and for every meal. I also remember to thank him for everything he's taken away - some of those were the most precious gifts of all, and I think he appreciates some gratitude born of wisdom. They were his gifts that he let us have for a little while - but so precious that he couldn't let us keep them for good.
Be a good listener when someone needs to talk.
Give a stranger a helping hand.
If there's nothing else to say, find something nice to say - it don't cost anything.
And before you round on anyone - even if they have it coming - remember the words "There but for the grace of God..".
There's something good in everyone; just ask the Boss to show it to you - and you will enter into his Wisdom.
Before you know it you don't have a problem with loving your enemy (that's the biggie we all trip over) - because you won't have any.

Just about every X I encounter was turned off by the nasty habits that have crept into churches. I realized that wasn't his doing - so I kept the Boss and got rid of the church.
He's still with me. We do alright. Yes sir.

All we lack is a congregation, where two or more of us gather.
A few simple honest prayers, a short reading, some nice music (no crashing drums and guitars) and a peace.
Nothing else.
I'll flip for a website - and keep out the nasty habits.
Then we can stop bothering these nice folks.
Sound off when you get here.

Return to “Christian”